As a Registered Associate Marriage and Family Therapist, my focus starts with your relationships, whether with romantic partners, platonic friends, family members, professional acquaintances, or any other connection you may make to another human being. I am also trained in psychotherapy, so we will explore the processes going on inside your mind at the same time. My broad approach to therapy is thus to consider both internal issues of the self and external issues of the people and things around you. For more information about the field of Marriage and Family Therapy, click here.
For couples, my preferred theoretical model is a blend of Emotionally Focused Couples Therapy and Imago Relationship Therapy. For both individuals and couples, I lean towards Narrative Therapy and Solutions-Oriented Brief Therapy, adding in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy as needed or preferred. If all that looks like a bunch of jargon … you’re absolutely right, so let me explain:
- Emotionally Focused Therapy helps you manage your feelings and strengthen your emotional connection with your partner.
- Imago Relationship Therapy addresses your past experiences and helps you improve your communication with your partner via coaching and exercises.
- Narrative Therapy allows you to rewrite the uncomfortable stories you tell yourself because of what society deems appropriate or inappropriate.
- Solutions-Oriented Therapy gives us a chance to uncover any quick fixes we can start working on right away.
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy focuses on problem-solving and tends to be a more directive and less collaborative approach to therapy.
Different people have different preferences and needs, so we will work together to decide which model(s) is the best fit for you. We may end up sticking with one model, blending two or more, or even switching from one to another as we progress in therapy.
Click here to read about my professional background. To get a better sense of who I am, please check out my blog and my TikTok channel.
If you have any questions about my practice, click the button below to contact me directly. If you’re ready to start therapy, you may also request a free consultation: